June 02, 2020, 09:38:49 am

News:

We are back!

commodore 64 problem with the tape drive

Started by Bigbobo558, December 21, 2011, 09:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbobo558

December 21, 2011, 09:06:59 pm Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:30:24 pm by Bigbobo558
Hello, Bigbobo558 here, I purchased a C64 some time ago along with everything I would need/want. monitor, floppies, you name it. The tape drive I got looked to be in working condition, I tried it, followed different instructions that i got from multiple websites and, none of them worked. it doesn't even recognize the drive. I have turned on and off the floppy drives and tried all that I know about Commodore basic 2. please help.

EDIT: I forgot to add that it is running jiffydos 5.0 as well.
Time to keep up with that commodore! At least it is keeping up with me...

10Sector

I'll have to go digging through my junk, but I may have a spare cassette drive for the vic/c64 that you can try.

I'll have to find the bits for my c64, so It might take a littl

Bigbobo558

Quote from: 10Sector on December 22, 2011, 02:00:50 pm
I'll have to go digging through my junk, but I may have a spare cassette drive for the vic/c64 that you can try.

thanks for the help! take your time, i am in no hurry for it.

10Sector

Quote from: Bigbobo558 on December 22, 2011, 02:11:31 pm
Quote from: 10Sector on December 22, 2011, 02:00:50 pm

thanks for the help! take your time, i am in no hurry for it.

Did a major clean up in the basement. I found some Commodore dataset's, if you want to give one a try.

Cheers

Bigbobo558

Sure, There is just one problem. I live in Calgary and you live somewhere north. Might have to mail it. PM me if you need it and you can do it. I am really in no hurry for it at all, I have been busy moderating on another Brony forum and minecraft server for the past bit so sorry for the delay.  :D 

10Sector

Quote from: Bigbobo558 on May 10, 2012, 03:52:04 pm
Sure, There is just one problem. I live in Calgary and you live somewhere north. Might have to mail it. PM me if you need it and you can do it. I am really in no hurry for it at all, I have been busy moderating on another Brony forum and minecraft server for the past bit so sorry for the delay.  :D

No, I'm in Calgary as well.

Bigbobo558

Oh! Well, I guess I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else. I might b able to try it out some time this weekend. Again, PM me for specific time and address if you need it.